MY WORLD OF TRUTH

Friday 21 February 2014

Because Am A Woman.

                                 Because Am A Woman.

 Because of my sex, am expected to hide my emotions and feelings. What goes on inside my beautiful mind should never be expressed, even when am depressed i need to reflect happiness and joy. Before i act, i must consult the society; before i make a move, the culture, ideology, religion and belief of my people must move in to cross check every step i take. I am intelligent and strong; the world thinks there must be something wrong.They no longer look at me from the right side, all they do is get carried away by the beauty i possess outside, like it was my making that am so gorgeous and wonderfully made.

There is a feeling brewing inside me, but i can’t let you know it, if not i would be called names, and stereotypically attacked. When will i be free to be ME.? I am waiting for the day i would be left alone to exhibit those virtues and qualities inside my soul, if given another chance i would still come back a female specie, but this time i am coming to set the record straight, the values and mentality of my people towards me must change for good, this time i will have the same opportunity like the male specie, no more will i be silenced for another.
You can call me a feminist that also is on the list of the qualities i carry, why should the world see me or take me as a slave, a bearer of shame, the one that should never complain and the one that is always there to be blamed for everything that goes wrong.

I am expected to be a victim of my own emotions and loving spirit because i am a woman, my strength is not in my muscles neither is it buried inside my fresh and beautiful skin, where it dwells, the world is yet to discover it. Can’t i say no when I really mean no, most times my opinion is not regarded or important to the heart and ears of those that only believes it is a man’s world.

My joy sometimes is misconstrued; my laughter is given so many meaning, while my thought is translated even before it becomes words and actions. Let me be, i want to be judged on my abilities and not my gender and history, who says i can’t get there, who knows what i am capable of, i need the world to see from the side that truly reflects the real me.

posted by Davidblogger50 at 05:29

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home